Find Sciatica Treatment and Pain Relief Today with our Toledo Chiropractor
Toledo chiropractor Dr. Mickey E. Frame has spent the last several decades helping his patients (and even himself) recover from acute and chronic injuries by implementing drug-free and non-invasive techniques. Sciatica is a common condition he's worked with and he's proud to offer his community natural sciatica pain relief for people from all walks of life.
What is Sciatica?
Sciatica is a syndrome which occurs when the sciatic nerve (the largest nerve in your body; you have two of them exiting your spinal cord in your lower back) becomes compressed by something. This "something" could be a muscle, a bone spur, a herniated or bulging disc, a narrowing joint space, or (rarely) a tumor.
Because sciatica involves nerve and/or nerve root compression, symptoms will arise in areas of the body where the nerve provides motor and sensory information. A person with sciatica may have:
- Pain in the leg (especially the buttocks and posterior leg) that feels sharp, shooting, searing, or burning
- Numbness or tingling in the leg
- Weakness in the affected leg
They may also have stiffness and muscle tenderness in the lower back. Anyone can get sciatica, but your relative risk will increase with the presence of certain factors, such as overweight or obesity, smoking, sedentary lifestyle, and physically demanding job.
What to Expect with Sciatica Treatment from Our Chiropractor in Toledo
When you come for sciatica treatment with our chiropractor, you'll be greeted by a friendly staff who cares deeply about your healing—not only symptom resolution but overall physical wellness, too. We'll implement a custom treatment plan for you which may include:
- Spinal decompression, to relieve pressure on your sciatic nerve and, if disc herniation or bulge is involved, to promote healing and normalized positioning of the spinal discs
- Chiropractic adjustments, to realign spinal joints and reduce the intensity of pain by "resetting" the nervous system
- Acupuncture, to trigger the release of healing and pain-relieving neurochemical mediators and restore your body's natural energy flow, relieving tension and strain
- Corrective exercises, to facilitate tissue healing and trunk and core stabilization
- Lifestyle counseling, to help you minimize contributing factors like posture, body mechanics, and nutrition
These and other services are delivered with full customization so you'll receive care that is most effective for your needs.
Looking for Sciatica Nerve Pain Relief in Toledo?
Don't suffer needlessly from your symptoms. Sciatica nerve pain relief is possible and our staff here at Frame Chiropractic and Acupuncture may even be able to help you avoid surgery or an over-reliance on medications! Contact us now to schedule your initial appointment by calling (419) 475-9355.