Knee Pain Treatment With Your Local Toledo Chiropractor
Knee pain can be caused by a variety of issues, from sports injuries to underlying health conditions such as arthritis. At Frame Chiropractic and Acupuncture in Toledo, OH, Dr. Mickey Frame focuses on whole-person wellness, not just addressing pain symptoms. At Frame Chiropractic and Acupuncture, we find that chiropractic care and acupuncture go hand in hand as holistic treatment options. Dr. Mickey Frame brings almost 30 years of chiropractic passion and experience and can help patients just like you seeking drug-free, holistic relief from knee pain.
Common Knee Pain Symptoms
Depending on the cause of knee pain, symptoms may vary. Knee pain symptoms can include:
- Noises like popping or crunching
- Redness, swelling, and stiffness
- Instability or weakness
- Inability to straighten the knee
Common Causes of Knee Pain
Knee Pain can be caused by an underlying disease, such as arthritis, or by injury. Common causes of knee pain include:
- Osteoarthritis – also known as degenerative arthritis, occurs when wear-and-tear causes the flexible tissue to deteriorate
- Torn meniscus – the meniscus acts as a shock absorber and can be torn from sudden twisting while exerting weight on the knee
- ACL injuries – sports injuries often involve the anterior cruciate ligament, which connects the shinbone to the thighbone
- Fractures – Knee bones, even the kneecap, can be fractured or broken from auto accident injuries or even simple slip and falls
- Knee bursitis – Bursae are the small fluid sacs that cushion the outside of the knee joint but can become inflamed following injuries
Acupuncture and Chiropractic Treatment for Knee Pain
Our Toledo chiropractor, Dr. Mickey Frame offers several treatment options for addressing knee pain. As a professional sports chiropractor, Dr. Frame has extensive experience in treating knee pain and knee injuries. If you are an amateur sports player, Dr. Frame can even help you prevent future injuries from occurring.
Before treatment, Dr. Frame will evaluate your pain symptoms and determine an individual course of rehabilitation that is suited for you. Complementary treatments for knee pain may include:
- Sports Chiropractic Techniques
- Ultrasound therapy
- Electric muscle stimulation
Contact our Chiropractor in Toledo for Knee Pain Relief
If you are experiencing knee pain or other pain symptoms, contact Frame Chiropractic and Acupuncture in Toledo, OH. Find holistic relief from your acute or chronic knee pain symptoms. Dr. Mickey Frame provides comprehensive physiotherapy, acupuncture, and chiropractic services to address pain relief. Dr. Frame is even one of Toledo’s first chiropractors to be certified in manipulation under anesthesia. Call Frame Chiropractic and Acupuncture at (419) 475-9355 to schedule an appointment today.