Natural Elbow Pain Treatment in Toledo
There's nothing funny about funny bone pain! If you've been in need of natural care and treatment for your acute or chronic elbow pain, we encourage you to connect with our chiropractor, Dr. Mickey Frame, at Frame Chiropractic and Acupuncture in Toledo. Dr. Frame brings his holistic and natural treatment techniques to help people of all ages recover from elbow pain and keep their symptoms at bay for the long term.
Common Signs and Symptoms of Elbow Pain
Your elbow is called a hinge joint, meaning it only bends and straightens. Despite this one plane of movement, we need proper elbow range of motion so we can do basic, everyday tasks—from grooming to feeding ourselves.
Unfortunately, one of the most common signs associated with elbow pain is stiffness and swelling. Additional issues include achy, sore, tender, or sharp pain in the elbow; pain, numbness, and tingling that extends down the forearm and into the hand and fingers; and a decreased ability to hold or grip objects on the affected side.
Different Causes and Types of Elbow Pain
Elbow pain can present as an acute, one-time injury or as a chronic, wear-and-tear injury. Keep in mind, a one-time injury can progress into a chronic problem if left untreated, so see a chiropractor as soon as possible! In many cases, hidden underlying factors (such as posture, body mechanics, or nutrition) increase your risk of re-injury if they aren't acknowledged and addressed.
Specific conditions causing elbow pain include:
- Cubital Tunnel Syndrome: compression of the ulnar nerve in the elbow
- Dislocation: a severe joint misalignment typically due to forceful trauma or falling on an outstretched hand
- Ligament Sprains, Muscle Strains, or Bursitis: connective tissues can become irritated due to overuse, repetitive movement, sudden overloading, and more
- Medial or Lateral Epicondylitis: called golfer's or tennis elbow, this painful inflammatory condition affects the tendons on the inside and outside of the elbow
Sometimes, elbow pain can even be referred from a pinched nerve in the upper spine.
How Our Chiropractor in Toledo Manages Elbow Pain
Dr. Frame treats elbow pain in a variety of ways—all of which are fully customized for you and NONE of which involve invasive procedures or drugs. Chiropractic care approaches may include:
- Spinal and joint adjustments
- Corrective exercises
- Electrical muscle stimulation
- Lifestyle counseling
Together, these services are intended to reduce inflammation and pain, speed healing of elbow tissues, and prevent recurring problems.
Tired of Your Elbow Pain?
To schedule an appointment with our experienced chiropractor in Toledo, call Frame Chiropractic and Acupuncture today at (419) 475-9355.