Natural Knee Pain Solutions at Frame Family Wellness Center
Knee pain can cause more than just the occasional twinge -- some cases can lead to debilitating loss of function as you try to limp your way through daily life. Whether you're an athlete struggling with a sports-related knee problem or you're developing an age-related chronic condition, you probably want better relief than drugs can give you without having to resort to surgery. That's where Frame Family Wellness Center in Toledo can come to your rescue with all-natural knee pain solutions.
Know Your Knee Pain: Common Causes
Your knees must carry most of your body weight every time you stand, walk, run, dance, or jump. These hinge joints consist of a number of components that provide both flexibility and stability. In addition to the muscles and connective tissues that lends strength and permits for joint motion, the joint capsule contains cartilage, bursae, and lubricating fluid to keep the bone ends from rubbing together painfully. Any disturbance to these working parts' interaction can lead to knee pain. Some of the common causes of these symptoms include:
- Accident injuries - An acute injury sustained in sports, work, or auto accident can damage the soft tissues and/or bones in the joint.
- Osteoarthritis - Many years of heavy use can cause the cartilage in the knee joint to deteriorate.
- Chronic tissue inflammation - Inflammatory conditions such as bursitis and tendinitis are often associated with overuse or repetitive motion strain.
- Runner's knee - This common form of knee pain in runners can be caused or aggravated by kneecap instability and/or a musculoskeletal imbalance.
- Subluxation -Subluxation (slight dislocation) of the kneecap can make motion painful.
Our Toledo Chiropractor Can Ease Your Symptoms Without Surgery
While the most severe knee problems might require surgical repair, many causes of knee pain can be resolved or managed non-surgically. Our Toledo chiropractor, Dr. Frame, will analyze your spinal alignment as well as how you stand and walk. We'll also discuss your daily work or sports routine to look for probably causes of your knee pain. Our all-natural remedies include:
- Extremity adjustments to correct knee subluxation
- Spinal adjustments to bring your body into a straighter, healthier posture
- Acupuncture to stimulate your body's own pain-relief mechanisms
- Physiotherapy to strengthen muscles, relieve inflammation, and improve your knee range of motion
Could Your Knee Use Some Help? Call Our Toledo Office Today
Knee pain can be a troubling problem, but Frame Family Wellness Center can help you get past this uncomfortable setback. Call our Toledo office today at (419) 475-9355 so we can recommend the right mix of therapies to boost your quality of life!